Stéphane Garelli – Professor Emeritus of World Competitiveness with the IMD Business School – is not the one to shy away from detail. The impact of changes in the world’s cobalt supply was illustrated with pictures from the Simpsons.Half-jokes aside, however, the outlook for wide-spread recession is something that many treasurers are currently bracing for.
Even the ghost of “stagflation” is there, with inflation in Europe at 8.1 percent this year. And through his presentation, the hundreds of treasurers in the audience got a framework for how to navigate it. (Inflation, by the way, is when you pay €40 for a haircut that used to cost €20 – when you had hair.)
Stéphane Garelli suggests that economic cycles used to hit us all but lately they have become selective. Will your company be a winner or a zombie when the new “K” type of recession strikes … while governments grow their market interventions and businesses turn from “just-in-time” to “just-in-case”?
Stéphane Garelli is not just an amazing speaker; he also happens to be a world-class business profile, having held positions like managing director of the World Economic Forum.
Treasury 360° Nordic 2022, on 9 June, gathered nearly 300 delegates at Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport, and 100 online.
• Click here to sign up already now for Treasury 360° Nordic 2023, on 20 April.
• Info site, with speakers and agenda for the past 2022 event – click here.
• Find all our news-site posts around the event by clicking here.
• Full-session videos are also collected in our video flow.
• Follow Treasury 360° on LinkedIn to stay updated – click here.