With the company being only 16 years old, and the treasury being built from the bottom up, it was originally a matter of time. Jockeying the markets was simply not feasible for the small treasury team of the fast-growing enterprise. But even as Spotify is maturing, the split of cash between internal and external management is one of the main features of the setup. While “separately managed accounts”, SMAs, are increasingly common, they are still relatively rare in the Nordics.
“The first thing is that you need to know the difference between your operating and strategic cash,” says Mikaela Rumenius.
Another point to examine is the management policies. She gives the example that the scope of permitted bond investments were broadened to include not only A rated securities but also BBB, where a large part of corporate bonds are at.
Treasury 360° Nordic 2022, on 9 June, gathered nearly 300 delegates at Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport, and 100 online.
• Click here to sign up already now for Treasury 360° Nordic 2023, on 20 April.
• Info site, with speakers and agenda for the past 2022 event – click here.
• Find all our news-site posts around the event by clicking here.
• Full-session videos are also collected in our video flow.
• Follow Treasury 360° on LinkedIn to stay updated – click here.